Wednesday, July 11, 2012

First Peppers of the Season


So, finally, the day has come where I was able to pick two hot peppers off a couple of plants that were started from seed.  One Hungarian Wax hot pepper, and another jalapeno.  I think I picked the jalapeno a little early (could have been bigger), but if everything goes to plan, there will be more!

A day of celebration to the spice & heat of summer.  We've been eating greens-kale, collards, lettuce, spinach, sorrel, garlic & scapes,  beans and peas, chives, juneberries, mulberries, a few blueberries on our young bushes, radishes, nasturtium flowers, genovese & thai basil, lovage; tea with nettles, borage, chamomile, lavender, catnip, lemonbalm, mint, oregano.  Peppers are a welcome addition.  And the zucchini are growing bigger everyday!

I can hardly wait for the cucumbers!!
We're growing several different kinds, and I'm already dreaming of 5-gallon buckets of pickles with horseradish leaves!


For now, I'm off to the garden for some baby-sleeping-late-night-gardening!

Cheers, Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment