Friday, October 5, 2012

Permaculture Principles & Ethics

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am currently in a Permaculture Design Course as run through Green Triangle based in Cleveland. There are many things I'm encountering in the course that are expanding the ways I think about space and growing in it. With intention to process the various ethics, I thought I'd use this space to share experiences with Possibilitarian Garden that demonstrate clearly these permaculture principles. For now, I simply present the principles and ethics, in case the reader is unfamiliar.

These are the Permaculture Principles:

1. Observe & interact

2. Catch & store energy

3. Obtain a yield

4. Apply self-regulation & accept feedback

5. Use & value renewable resources & services

6. Produce no waste

7. Design from patterns to details

8. Integrate rather than segregate

9. Use small & slow solutions

10. Use & value diversity

11. Use edges & value the marginal

12. Creatively use & respond to change 



And the Permaculture Ethics are:

Care of the Earth

Care of People

Fair Share



For a visual, see:

http://permacultureprinciples.com/downloads/pc_principles_poster.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment