Thursday, January 17, 2013

Geese?

Driving along MLK Blvd, by the pond near the cultural gardens, there was a flock of geese milling about on the grass.  ...shouldn't they be way South by now?

Perhaps more importantly, say if they did head South, then came back up because it was so warm- what if it gets very cold again (like today's dropping temperatures)- will they be able to make the migration?  I imagine they must exert so much effort in making the migration- that to travel all the way South and back is enough- but to change flight is a lot.

I am positive that the geese know much more than we do- they have senses for weather and direction much higher tuned to we do (it seems most people can't travel to the next town over without GPS or googlemap directions!).  So, perhaps there is nothing for me to worry about- because they are way ahead of us in their adaptation and resiliency.

One thing for me is for sure, and that is that I trust Nature, for she knows if she needs to get a fever to heal herself from a disease- then let it be.  In Nature I trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment