Tuesday, January 29, 2013

mushroom fruit!



blue oyster mushroom party! These are the first flushes of my two straw bags I've got growing in my den currently.  They sit on the windowsill on the East side of the house (that our neighbor's house has white siding that reflects brightly in).  I have been keeping a loose plastic produce bag over both bags (you can see it on the one pictured right), because the forced air heating dries out the mushrooms quick quick quick!  So, this little plastic bag aid still allows the mushrooms to find the air to "fruit" but doesn't let them get dried out.  I also drip some water on the straw grow bags so that there is some base moisture for the loose produce bad to retain.
Yum yum yum!  The second bag (harvested a couple days ago) was bigger than both my hands combined- and almost as big as my head!  Wow!  What genes!


If you'd like to learn more about mushroom growing, stay posted for some spore & mycelium growing workshops coming up in March!  More info can be found by "liking" Kultured Mushroom's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kultured-Mushrooms/407063829360261?ref=hl

No comments:

Post a Comment